Change

I have been pretty grumpy for the last, ooooohh, week and a half. I have just been on edge. I haven't been able to figure out why until now. I do NOT handle change well. Unfortunately, my daughter has inherited that from me. We've been on the same "schedule" for a year now and in the last month, it has been turned upside down. I wake up feeling out of control and I hate that. This is probably going to sound insane to some people, but this is me. I had to sit down, figure out what I need to do every week and find a day where it fits. This made me feel SO much better. I really like this new schedule, I really do, it's just such a change for me. I started doing trade work for Saige's preschool(that my aunt owns) in exchange for tuition, I'm trying to find time to work on my business, clean, and do the daily things I need to do. I figured out that it is pointless to do any business anything with Kade awake, so I do that only when he is asleep. I do the preschool work and the post office after his nap when he is happy and will entertain himself with the toys. I go grocery shopping while Saige is in school to save gas money. I'm figuring it out slowly.

Life is more about my kids now, which is great. We walk to the library every thursday for storytime, we make cookies and Saige helps me cook dinner a lot. They are eating healthier because I actually have the time to cook. I just need some time to adjust! The only one not benefiting from this is my boss...lol. He keeps asking me when I'm coming back full time. NEVER!!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Change"

  1. Alesha says:
    September 18, 2008 at 8:34 AM

    It's nice when you finally figure out your groove. I hate that out of control feeling too. I have to know where I'm going and what I'm doing as well as what I'm supposed to be doing. Dan wasn't bringing home his work schedule for the next few weeks and since the schedule I had ended yesterday it was driving me crazy! You're not alone. Change has never been easy for me either.

  2. Ker says:
    September 19, 2008 at 1:46 PM

    Good change is good, just stressful...now that you're home I'm working on change of my own. It's too quiet during the day at my house, I'm used to little pitter patter's running around! Glad you're getting the hang of it, I'm sure I'll adjust too!

Copyright 2009 Melisa's Life
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates