School and the Boy Boy

I made a spur of the moment decision last week. It has always been a goal of mine to go back to school when Saige starts kindergarten. The new year got me thinking and I thought "why not start now?" It started with me filling out forms for financial aid. Then, I started looking at degrees, then what I needed to do as far as generals go. Tuesday, I was having doubts and wondering if I was doing the right thing. Wednesday, something happened and I had a total change of heart. I registered last night for 2 classes, one at the Davis campus at night, the other online. Classes started monday, so I'm a little behind, but that's ok. I got my books today and I'm getting excited. I'm taking botany and a basic computer class. I *think* I want to go into surgical nursing. I LOVE that part of my job, but vet techs don't make any money, especially in Utah, so I figure, why not people? I had a glimpse of the surgical nursing textbook today at the bookstore and got really scared. It's 4-5 inches thick, plus there's a 2 in thick workbook to go with it. Yuck!

My little boy has learned the word "no." For example, I caught him with a sharpie today and I said "Give mommy the marker." He runs away screaming "NO!" We have also started doing little timeouts, because he keeps doing things like pushing a chair all the way across the kitchen so that he can climb on the oven or when he colored on the couch. He sits on the stairs with me and when he's done, I'll tell him "no climbing" or whatever and he says "k." It is actually working. I'm surprised at how much he understands. Ok, that sounds bad...I mean he's smarter than most 1 year olds I know. like just now, he handed me my phone and said "call daddy." I told him to put his coat in the closet earlier and he did it.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "School and the Boy Boy"

  1. EmandZachsmom says:
    January 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

    I am so proud of you! You are taking a big step! Thanks for all your help last night and this morning...
    Love you

  2. Ker says:
    January 12, 2009 at 1:17 AM

    You are awesome. I would love to go back to school. Just not gonna happen right now. Good Luck!

Copyright 2009 Melisa's Life
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates