Our trip to California

We are home! We had a great time without any major problems. Here's a little summary of what we did:

Disneyland: Some of you already know this, but this was my first trip on an airplane and to Disneyland. It was incredible! Saige was awesome, she went on anything she could go on. Her favorite ride was the train that was like a roller coaster, I forget what it's called. She liked the pirates of the carribean ride too. Chris thought the Winnie the Pooh ride was awesome...really, it gets all psychedelic in the middle. I love how it's not just a ride, it's a whole experience. I loved the fireworks show. They even had tinkerbell flying around the castle. Saige spent a little bit of time in the princess area. Her favorite princess is Belle and when she came around the corner, that was the first one she saw. You can see the pic of her with her mouth wide open. She was in total awe of her. Kade loved the boat rides, he fell asleep every time we went on one. He got so used to rides that he learned 2 new words: "see" and "look." On the plane home, he had his hands in the air saying "weee." My only complaint is the food. There was a vegetarian option pretty much everywhere we went, but it was so expensive and didn't taste great.

California Adventure: This place was ok, but not wonderful. The roller coaster was really fun and I went on the Tower of Terror twice. That is one of my favorite rides. The kids spent time in the Bug's Life area. Saige loved the rides there. The light parade was over there. That was really cool.

Universal Studios: If any of you go here, you HAVE to go on the Simpsons ride! That was SO cool!! Saige and I went on twice so that my mom and chris could take turns watching Kade. We spent quite a bit of time over there. If you know us at all, you know why. We hung out with Homer and Marge and at the Kwik-E-Mart. It was fun. The animal show they have there is really cool. It made me want to become an animal trainer.

Huntington Beach Hollywood and a night out: The ocean is always fun. Saige was a little hesitant at first, but then she started looking for sea shells and making sand castles. We wrote our names in the sand and Chris and I went body surfing. I'm good as long as I don't think of what kinds of things live under the water lol. Hollywood was dirty and not at all like I pictured. The chinese theater was fun though. When we got back, Chris took me out to dinner for my birthday and then we came back to the resort to get in the hot tub. Right when we got there, we started hearing people say that someone pooped in the pool. Needless to say, it was an interesting night. I had SO much fun though! It sounds weird, but we had fun joking around about it and met some interesting people.

Sea World: This was the highlight of the trip for me. We saw so many different animals and we fed and pet dolphins, how cool is that?! I convinced my poor mom that we should sit in the soak zone for the dophin show and we got so wet. It was fun to see it up close. I didn't plan this, but ended up going on the journey to atlantis ride and sat in front so that Saige didn't have to. She sat in the second row with Chris. I got totally soaked. It washed the sea water off though!

It's good to be home. Our cat, Zeus hasn't left our side since we got back. He even slept in our bed last night. The kids need to catch up on some sleep, but otherwise they did really well.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Our trip to California"

  1. Ker says:
    August 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

    So glad you had a great time.. I missed the pic of Saige and Belle? The doggies missed you!

  2. karen says:
    September 1, 2008 at 1:47 AM

    I am so glad you got to go... I LOVE the picture of Saige and Belle.....It is the best..... We love you....

  3. Anonymous Says:
    September 1, 2008 at 3:13 PM

    HEY it Chelsea...i kinda can't find the picture of Saige and Belle...where is it?????

  4. Ker says:
    September 3, 2008 at 9:28 AM

    Hey Meesa...you've been tagged!
    List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag five other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged.

Copyright 2009 Melisa's Life
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates