What are the odds?!

So, we took Saige in for her kindergarten exam, and he did some routine things that included a urinalysis. The Dr. called me back a couple days later and it turns out she has a bladder infection. It's a bad one too. I feel bad! She has had a couple of issues, but I thought it was related to something else.
Then, the company that runs our lab work at the clinic I work at give free blood panels every once in a while so I took Circe in with me yesterday to get it done. The panel includes a urinalysis, so we're in the ultrasound room and the way they get urine is they find their bladder and then take a long needle with a syringe and pull urine out with it. We're all talking and when she pulled on the syringe, we both gasped...it was the color of rootbeer. I got scared, but she reassured me that it was ok. I got the results this morning. She has a bladder infection too! There were also a couple of other things they found so I'm going to bring her in for a real ultrasound on Monday. I'm hoping it's nothing to be concerned about and I'm trying not to worry about her, but she's getting old. I'm really glad I brought her in though.
I'm starting to wonder if there is something in our water...maybe I should run a u/a on myself!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "What are the odds?!"

  1. Jared and Jen says:
    February 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM

    That's no good! I hope everything goes ok too!

  2. Scott M. says:
    February 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM

    Wow...what ARE the odds. Hope they both feel better soon and all goes well with the ultrasound.

Copyright 2009 Melisa's Life
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates