Poor Kade

I took Kade in for his one year check up this morning so I thought I would write an update. Our pediatrician likes to do a blood test to check iron levels and try to get a urine sample at one year. This is fine, it just adds to everything else the poor kid has to do when he is there. They put this clear bag that is sticky on one side on him under his diaper to try to catch urine. When the nurse pulled it off, I thought she was going to take some scrotum with it! Chris even told her to stop for a second. All that and he didn't even pee in it.

Anyway, turns out that everything is great. He's growing like he should, his iron is fine, which is really good. I think he has had meat maybe twice in his life. He has four teeth coming in on top that should come through any time now. He is the slowest teether EVER! We're still nursing, which I'm fine with. I thought Chris was ready for us to stop, but the other night he told me we should keep going as long as I can/want. For Kade, of course, but also for my endometriosis. I have hardly any pain now. Sometimes I think that's selfish, but I AM doing it mostly for his benefit, not mine. I think I am going to start supplementing while I am at work so I don't have to pump anymore. It is such a pain...literally.

Saige's last day of school was last week. She is really sad and misses her friends. I'm thinking of putting her in swimming lessons for something to do this summer. Living where we do is great because of all the kids around. She always has someone to play with.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Poor Kade"

  1. Lizzy says:
    May 25, 2008 at 9:11 AM

    What an awful nurse! I think it's great you have support to keep BFing!

Copyright 2009 Melisa's Life
Free WordPress Themes designed by EZwpthemes
Converted by Theme Craft
Powered by Blogger Templates